All areas of society have been influenced by the evolution of technology, which has become critical in our daily activities. The construction area is not uninvolved because, thanks to this advance, design and construction have dramatically changed, developing what is known as a smart home.
Domotics was born in the seventies. This discipline seeks to unify technological evolutions in order to make life at home easier and more comfortable. In this post, you will learn what a smart home is, how domotics is integrated into the design and construction of a home and the advantages it brings.
WHAT IS A SMART HOME? Differences between a conventional home and a smart home
A smart home is one that is totally controlled by means of automated systems and domotics. Domotics is an integrated technological system that is applied to a home to achieve smart control and automation. This means the efficient management of energy consumption, security and accessibility to the home, and many advantages that increase the welfare and comfort of the home.
IS IT EXPENSIVE TO DESIGN A SMART HOME?
Today, access to domotics is much more affordable than before. It can be used in all types of homes and being installed before or after its construction. The cost of installation is compensated in the long term thanks to the control over the gas, water or electricity supplies that this system offers us. For example, a traditional home has a thermostat that can be adjusted manually, whereas a smart home has a smart air conditioning that can be adjusted by remote control. In most cases, through mobile devices.
Advantages and benefits of a home automation system
Home automation has become an upward trend in architecture in recent years. As we have already seen, it allows to control the house with last generation technology systems without losing its design and essence but achieving greater comfort, communication and control, security and energy efficiency.
Here are some of the advantages and benefits of a smart home:
- Comfort: installing automated systems in a house minimizes time and effort in some activities such as regulating thermostats, raising blinds, watering plants, etc.
- Communication and control: the control systems are easy to operate through electronic devices.
- Security: Domotics has greatly improved security systems. Nowadays, it is easy to have sensors that notify movements or strange sounds or cameras that allow us to have a view of the outer perimeter of the house through a tablet or mobile without the need to be near the house.
- Energy efficiency: By building an intelligent home with domotics we can minimize energy consumption in a considerable percentage thus contributing to protect the environment.
ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS IN A SMART HOME
In order for a house to be considered smart, it is essential that it has some elements considered basic that seek the well-being and comfort of the people who live there. Here are some of them:
- Switchboard: if you want to build a smart home, it is necessary to have a switchboard that allows us to manage, automate and schedule various tasks remotely aiming at communicating with the various controls of the house. It is in charge of receiving the information that comes from the devices that are installed in the house and transmitting it.
- Security devices: among the most installed ones are security cameras and sensors of movement or sound.
- Sensors: in addition to the sensors that contribute to security, we can find those that allow us to turn on and off the lights, detect gas or smoke, among others.
- Air conditioning: temperature regulation allows us to make the most appropriate and controlled use of energy and water, making their consumption more efficient.
The future of smart homes
It is estimated that there will be approximately 50 million smart homes in the year 2020 connected to the Internet. What can we expect from the smart homes of the future?:
- High-tech living rooms: TVs as we know them are days away. Augmented reality from the sofa, rolled-up TVs or high-resolution short-throw projectors will soon arrive in our homes.
- Smart kitchens: Kitchens will become easier and easier with appliances such as smart ovens with digital cameras and thermometers and cameras that can be controlled remotely. We are also already working on refrigerators that tell us what food is going to be bad or 3D printers that will make any ice cream paste or cream a reality.
- The future of rest and relaxation: beds that measure rest or bathtubs that promote relaxation by measuring brain waves will be some of the new devices that will increase our well-being.
ARCHITECTURAL FIRM IN BENISSA SPECIALIZED IN DOMOTICS AND SMART HOMES.
The design and planning of a new home should take full advantage of the possibilities offered by home automation. If you are thinking of building a smart home, contact Arquifach, architectural firm in Alicante. It has the integration of the best home automation systems from the beginning of the planning of the project.